Regional Director Job at Department of the Chief Minister and Cabinet – Katherine NT
Agency Department of the Chief Minister and Cabinet Work unit Big Rivers, Regional Network Group
Job title Regional Director Designation Senior Administrative Officer 2
Job type Full Time Duration Fixed to 30/06/2023
Salary $142,543 – $155,362 Location Katherine
Position number 41266 RTF 244389 Closing 18/07/2022
Contact Officer Jake Quinlivan, Regional Executive Director on 08 8973 8533 or [email protected]
About the agency https://cmc.nt.gov.au/
Apply online https://jobs.nt.gov.au/Home/JobDetails?rtfId=244389
Applications must be limited to a one-page summary sheet and detailed resume
Information for applicants – inclusion and diversity and Special Measures recruitment plans
The NTPS values diversity. The NTPS encourages people from all diversity groups to apply for vacancies and accommodates
people with disability by making reasonable workplace adjustments. If you require an adjustment for the recruitment
process or job, please discuss this with the contact officer. For more information about applying for this position and the
merit process, go to the OCPE website.
Under the agency’s Special Measures recruitment plan eligible Aboriginal applicants will be granted priority consideration
for this vacancy. For more information on Special Measures plans, go to the OCPE website.
Provide strategic whole-of-government support and coordination at the regional level to ensure effective delivery of
government policies and objectives, working collaboratively with communities, leaders, traditional owners, service providers,
government agencies and other stakeholders to achieve improved outcomes for the residents and communities of each
Key duties and responsibilities
1. Provide critical evidence-based analysis, strategic comment and high-level advice across social, economic and other
areas that have an impact on the region.
2. Undertake relevant policy development and implementation of innovative strategies and initiatives across organisations
that address key issues affecting the region.
3. Support implementation of the government’s Local Decision Making policy agenda, including regional ground-up priority
setting activities, capacity building and cross-agency collaboration.
4. Develop, maintain and influence collaborative partnerships and strategic alliances with colleagues and other
stakeholders at the regional and Territory level.
5. Support the implementation of Recovery Action Plans following emergency events by coordinating recovery efforts of
the Northern Territory Government, local government and Commonwealth Government agencies.
6. Support the smooth functioning of the regional office by leading and coordinating local Chief Minister and Cabinet staff
and activities, acting as the key point of contact in the region when the Regional Executive Director is unavailable.
1. Demonstrated high-level strategic and innovative thinking skills with extensive experience in developing policy solutions,
providing high-level advice on current and emerging issues, and coordinating and implementing services and projects.
2. High-level written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to negotiate, collaborate and build and
sustain relationships and strategic alliances effectively with team members, internal and external stakeholders, Non-
Government Organisations and private sectors, Indigenous, and community members at a senior level.
3. Demonstrated high level of political awareness, sensitivity, and judgement combined with demonstrated experience in
working from a whole-of-government perspective, or the ability to quickly acquire.
4. High-level organisational and coordination skills including the ability to work autonomously and under pressure,
prioritising workloads and maintaining flexibility.
5. Well-developed cross-cultural awareness skills together with substantial knowledge of issues affecting people in remote
and regional areas.
6. A current ‘C’ Class drivers licence or equivalent, or ability to obtain, with a willingness to travel in remote areas.
7. A working with children (Ochre) card or ability to acquire.
1. Formal qualifications in a relevant field or demonstrated experience.
2. Leadership and management experience at a senior level in a diverse organisation.
About the Company
Company: Department of the Chief Minister and Cabinet –
Company Location: Katherine NT