Procurement Analyst Job at NSW Government -Transport For NSW – Milsons Point NSW
Job Category: Research and Analysis
Milsons Point, NSW, AU, 2061
Job Ref No: 71095
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
Salary Range: $106086.0-$118816.0
Transport for NSW keeps our State moving by providing safe, integrated and efficient transport systems. We put our customers at the centre of everything we do – and we do a lot. We connect people, communities and industry and manage how they use our road, rail and maritime networks and services, and even active modes like walking and cycling. The work we do connects the journeys you take every day.
We are a state government organisation made up of more than 28,000 people and we’re in the middle of delivering the largest transport infrastructure program in Australia’s history. We work across planning, policy and procurement, harnessing data and technology to develop smarter and more adaptive transport solutions.
That means job opportunities in metropolitan and regional areas right across NSW – you have the chance to be part of creating a lasting legacy that will benefit generations to come.
Transport for NSW is delivering an unprecedented $72.2b investment into a truly game changing Future Transport strategy. We are also evolving, bringing together new and existing transport modes, cutting edge technologies and getting smarter at how we do it. We are changing to deliver more connected journeys, greater satisfaction and safer transport for our customers, both now and for the future.
The Regional and Outer Metropolitan division is focused on understanding the particular needs of regional communities across NSW and delivering customer-centred integrated transport services and infrastructure.
We have an exciting Permanent Full Time opportunity for a Procurement Analyst to join the Finance and Commercial branch within the Regional and Outer Metropolitan division. This role provides expert analysis and support to senior management and procurement professionals across the Division when undertaking procurement planning to enable strategic decisions and to effectively meet organisational and business objectives.
What you will be involved in:
The successful candidate will contribute to the implementation of Transport procurement policies, procedures and to governance and compliance reporting requirements. Ideally this role will be based out of Newcastle or Sydney. Additionally, this role will be accountable for but not limited to;
- Demonstrating the Transport Connected Leadership dimensions by role modelling collegiate and collaborative behaviours to achieve the greater good for the community, celebrate our diverse workforce, create an environment where people can create and thrive, and support our people’s wellbeing;
- Supporting mangers and procurement advisors with analysis and advice on procurement trends and issues to enable them to deliver effective, outcomes-focused procurement activities across the division;
- Delivering analysis and reporting that supports senior management monitor procurement performance and effectiveness and compliance to policies, procedures, systems, and standards;
- Researching, reviewing and recommending improvements to divisional procurement policies, procedures, systems, and standards to effectively support business procurement needs;
- Advising on appropriate procurement governance and performance management mechanisms to monitor, coordinate and improve procurement activity and performance;
- Researching, developing and implementing procurement education, training, and capability development initiatives to support effective procurement outcomes across the division;
- Supporting the development of supplier risk management activities to proactively identify and address procurement risks and mitigation strategies to meet divisional compliance requirements;
- Proactively identifying and addressing procurement opportunities, risks, and mitigation strategies to meet divisional efficiency and performance requirements.
- Utilise data visualisation and business intelligence tools and techniques to provide targeted reports and insightful analysis that can be easily interpreted by users.
- Strong data extraction and consolidation experience is essential by either using Structured Query Language or using Microsoft Excel and other available tools.
We are looking for an experienced analyst with a demonstrated understanding of end to end procurement processes, and an ability to provide expert analysis to enable strategic decisions, including spend/market analysis, preparing financial models or summaries, and providing recommendations to improve procurement and commercial outcomes.. As the procurement Analyst you will have high attention to detail, sound IT skills, with an ability to use systems to dissect data, generate and identity trends in order to present information in different ways.
Analytical in your approach to identify opportunity and issues, you will be comfortable keeping up with changes the legislative and policy environment as well as trends and developments in procurement techniques, strategies and systems. Possessing well developed written and verbal communication skills; you will build rapport easily with stakeholders across the business and be comfortable acting as point of liaison, providing timely and strategic recommendations to improve the procurement function or financial and commercial outcomes for the Regional and Outer
Appropriate tertiary qualification or demonstrated relevant, equivalent professional experience is essential.
Want to know more?
Please click here to view a copy of the Role Description.
Salary and Benefits
Transport Grade 7 ($106,086.00 – $118,816.00) + Super
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Transport for NSW, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call/text or email the contact person for this role.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and address the questions in the application portal.
Application Close date: 11:59PM Sunday 21st August 2022.
We are the community we serve
We are committed to being an inclusive, diverse and flexible workplace where differences are valued. We welcome people of all backgrounds, experience and abilities.
We enable our people to work in ways that work for them and are proud to be recognised as a FlexReady Certified employer for our flexible work policies, offerings and practices. Working virtually and from different locations including regional locations, staggering work hours and job sharing are just some of the ways our people can work flexibly.
Please contact the Talent Specialist below if you require any adjustments to be made to how you interact with us throughout the recruitment process or would like to discuss flexible work options.
For any enquiries, please email Huy Huynh at [email protected]
Learn more about how Transport supports people with disability and those providing care via https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/about-us/careers/people-disability
We’re certified as a Family Inclusive Workplace
Our flexible work practices and policies for parental leave, employee and family wellbeing and family care enable us to provide genuine support for our people to thrive at work and at home.
Working with Transport gives you access to a range of benefits that help you balance work with the things that matter to you. Look through our Employee Benefits Guide to learn more.
Apply today to register your interest!
Find out more about Transport for NSW at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/about-us.
Take a look at our application tips video series for plenty of great information on navigating and acing the application and recruitment process here at Transport.
Our COVIDSafe Measures Policy
All Transport for NSW workers are required to have:
appropriate evidence of being fully vaccinated with a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccine; or
an approved medical contraindication.
You will be required to show proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status or apply for a medical exemption prior to securing this role.
Job Segment: Procurement, Risk Management, State Government, Business Intelligence, Performance Management, Operations, Finance, Government, Human Resources, Technology
About the Company
Company: NSW Government -Transport For NSW –
Company Location: Milsons Point NSW