MLT Job at SAFRO corp – Aviano, Friuli-Venezia Giulia
SAFRO Corp. headquartered in Williamsburg, VA., is a premier, federal professional services company, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve and protect the American people.
Job Title: Clinical Laboratory Technician.
Location: Aviano Medical Treatment Facility, Aviano, Italy.
Job Type: Full-time
Formal Education. The FTE must meet all minimum education requirements for Clinical Laboratory Technicians.
· Applicants must possess one of the following certifications from the American Society for Clinical Pathology:
1. Medical Technologist (MT).
2. Medical Lab Technician (MLT).
3. Medical Lab Scientist (MLS).
· 12 months of full-time experience in the last 36 months.
· A current Basic Life Support (BLS)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Ability to Read, understand, speak, and write English fluently.
· Knowledge in medical privacy and confidentiality (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act [HIPAA]); accreditation standards of Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and The Joint Commission (TJC).
· Computer applications/software to include Microsoft Office programs, MS Outlook (e-mail), and internet familiarity is required.
· The ability to input, extract and format data from established databases is desired.
· Skillful and tactful in communicating with people who may be physically or mentally ill, uncooperative, fearful, emotionally distraught, and occasionally dangerous.
· Possess organization, problem-solving and communication skills to articulate medical requirements to patients, families/caregivers, medical and non-medical staff in a professional and courteous way.
· Perform a full range of duties consistent with their labor category, education, training, experience, clinical privileges (as applicable) and assigned position.
· Perform and operate independently at a high level of competency all routine and complex clinical laboratory procedures.
· Recognize, respond to, and troubleshoot error codes, conditions, and malfunctions of the analyzers by using manufacturer operator manuals and via telephonic support assistance when necessary.
· Perform a wide variety of testing in the areas of hematology, coagulation, chemistry, urinalysis, serology, immunology, blood bank, molecular and microbiological testing.
· Select, perform and monitor the performance of a wide variety of highly complex specialty tests using automated analytical systems and instrumentation.
· Solve difficult problems, perform highly complex and specialized laboratory procedures, and modify or adapt new methods and techniques to improve and expand services.
· Interpret and follow manuals and instructions to carry out laboratory procedures.
· Perform quality control procedures to ensure that reagents, media, and assigned equipment are functioning properly.
· Collect capillary or venous blood specimens and prepare specimens for analysis, ensure that the physiologic state of the properties is maintained using proper hospital/regulatory agency guidelines and using excellent customer service skills/laboratory professionalism.
· Use knowledge of specificity, sensitivity, and stringency to validate and verify samples used and tests performed.
· Resolve technical problems and ensure remedial actions are taken whenever test results deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
· Develop section’s procedures and establish parameters for correlation of test results and pre-set troubleshooting, e.g., evaluate new test systems, reagent kits, and equipment.
· Evaluate, modify, and adapt new methods and revise standard techniques to improve or expand analytical measurement range, accuracy, precision, specificity, or proficiency of test analyses.
· Compare new methods or instrumentation with existing ones to determine performance characteristics suitability.
· Perform various filling duties including laboratory requisitions, reports to providers, and re-stocking supplies.
· Perform limited patient laboratory testing including the quality control and quality assurance required by regulatory agencies/laboratory policy.
· Utilize various computers to perform assigned work.
Durée du contrat : 12 mois
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: €3,000.00 – €35,000.00 per month
About the Company
Company: SAFRO corp –
Company Location: Aviano, Friuli-Venezia Giulia