Mechanic (Journeyman) Job at City of Saskatoon – Saskatoon, SK
(2 Permanent full-time)
The City of Saskatoon is an Employment Equity employer
1. Locates and diagnoses equipment defects; maintains and repairs transit vehicles and associated equipment, machinery and buildings in an effective, efficient manner.
2. Performs required checks, routines and procedures to assure compliance with transit standards, applicable laws and safety regulations and government vehicle safety inspections.
3. Reports observed defects and potential problem areas encountered while performing duties.
4. Makes minor repair and replacement decisions in accordance with transit preventive maintenance program.
5. Provides reports and other data as required to record properly the work performed and the condition of the vehicle or component.
6. Uses tools, shop equipment and materials safely, effectively and economically.
7. Provides and participates in on-the-job training as required by maintenance staff to ensure that work is performed in an efficient and safe manner.
8. Performs vehicle changeovers in accordance with established procedures.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education.
- Possession of a Saskatchewan Journeyperson Truck and Transport Mechanic or Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Certificate.
- Three (3) years’ journeyperson experience in heavy equipment maintenance.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5A Driver’s Licence (1A would be an asset).
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Possession of own tools appropriate for the work.
- Considerable knowledge of methods, procedures, equipment and materials used in transit vehicle repair and maintenance.
- Knowledge of air brakes, air control and air systems.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work courteously and effectively with Transit and other civic employees, the public and suppliers.
- Physical ability to perform the assigned duties.
- Ability to successfully pass a mechanical skills assessment.
*Current Driver’s Abstract and documentation confirming completion of grade 12 and
Journeyperson Certification is required with application.
HOURS OF WORK:
Shift work, weekend and statutory holiday work are involved.
$38.16 to $40.31 CAD per hour (2022 rates)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $38.16-$40.31 per hour
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2022-08-12
About the Company
Company: City of Saskatoon –
Company Location: Saskatoon, SK