Justice Officer Job at Department of Justice and Community Safety – Tatura VIC
- An exciting opportunity within Dhurringile Prison, Department of Justice and Community Safety
- VPSG 2 classification (salary range $55,439 – $71,194)
- Fixed-term, full-time role until 14 April 2023
The Hume Region delivers a range of services through Justice Service Centres at Wangaratta, Shepparton, and Wodonga and has two prisons, the minimum-security Beechworth Correctional Centre and Dhurringile Prison.
The Corporate Governance and Support Business unit is responsible for providing the region with a range of corporate support functions including human resources, finance, and procurement, planning and reporting, administration, and workforce development.
About the role
The Justice Officer role provides accurate and timely administrative and support services to regional locations and staff. The role has a strong focus on service delivery to clients, internal and external stakeholders, and the public.
In this role, you will:
- provide administrative support and client services
- coordinate location mail including record keeping of incoming and outgoing mail
- manage prisoner’s money and property
- provide reception and telephone responses for the location.
As our ideal candidate, you will possess:
- a demonstrated administration experience within a government department (advantageous)
- proven experience using a records management system (TRIM / HPE Records Manager) and managing reception duties
- excellent customer focus, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button on this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include national police checks and misconduct screening.
If you require adjustments to the recruitment and selection process, or require an alternative format to any of the application material, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the contact person listed on this ad.
FOR INTERNAL VPS EMPLOYEES:
- For this particular vacancy, priority consideration applies to Victorian Public Service (VPS) and select employees of the Victorian Public Sector who apply through the Jobs Skills Exchange (JSE) jobs board platform.
- For all VPS employees, due to the new Jobs Skills Exchange (JSE) policy, please apply through the JSE to be eligible to be considered for this position in the first round.
The department is committed to providing and maintaining a working environment which is safe and without risk to the health of its employees consistent with the department’s obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic).
Therefore, there is a requirement that all DJCS employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to undertake duties outside of their homes.
Prior to commencement of employment with the department you will need to provide evidence that you are vaccinated against COVID-19. Acceptable evidence includes:
- COVID-19 digital certificate (available via your myGov account)
- Your immunisation history statement (available via your myGov account) or
- A letter from the GP who vaccinated you.
About the Company
Company: Department of Justice and Community Safety –
Company Location: Tatura VIC