Human Resources Consultant 3 Job at City of Richmond – Richmond, BC
The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community. The City of Richmond offers competitive pay programs, comprehensive benefits and attractive incentives. If you are looking to make a difference, and to share our vision “to be the most appealing, livable, and well-managed community in Canada”, then please apply.
Responsible for providing strategic human resources services, the Human Resources Division works with City management to positively influence and contribute to the organizational culture of high performance and excellence in pursuit of the our corporate vision, values and priorities. This is accomplished through oversight of Recruitment, Health, Safety & Wellness, People Development, Labour Relations and Compensation & Benefits.
The Human Resources Consultant 3 is a senior-level consultant role reporting directly to the Director of Human Resources. As a member of the HR team, you will play a key role in providing subject matter expertise, support and advice to internal customers as a human resources generalist with an assigned portfolio. You will participate in the development of corporate human resources strategies and programs, provide advice and counsel to management and act as back-up to other members of the Human Resources Management Team when necessary.
Work will focus primarily on employee and labour relations issues, investigating workplace issues, recruitment/selection processes, compensation/job evaluation support, administration of collective agreements and legislation affecting employees, ongoing development of human resources policies, procedures and programs and supervision of support staff.
Qualifications & Experience:
Post secondary degree in Human Resources Management plus seven to ten years of HR/LR generalist experience in a multi-union setting. Additional certification in human resources areas such as job evaluation and/or HRIS is considered beneficial. Experience must include coaching and mentoring in a business setting; empowerment of others; leading and managing change; internal consulting/ project management skills; high performance team management; and technological awareness and capabilities that will support human resources functionality and performance.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with unions, management and employees.
- Extensive knowledge of leading and/or participating in arbitration and grievances meetings and collective agreement bargaining.
- Ability to apply and keep current on the legislative requirements related to the position (ie: Employment Case Law, Human Rights, ESA, WorkSafe BC).
- Possess a demonstrated commitment to providing extraordinary results, contributing to team success and acting with personal integrity.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, facilitation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, mediating, and negotiating skills.
- Ability to be analytical, persuasive, consultative and a confident decision maker.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of applicable Human Resources legislation governing within a union setting with a commitment to researching and understanding best practices.
- Effective time management, delegation and mentoring, plus comprehensive record keeping.
- Successful incumbent will be action oriented and self motivated.
Licences, Certificates, & Registrations:
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence for the Province of British Columbia.
Working Conditions and Effort:
Work is performed in an office environment with occasional visits to diverse municipal work sites, as required.
- CPHR (Chartered Professional in Human Resources) designation is preferred, however; consideration will be given to candidates working towards the CPHR designation.
- Experience and proficiency using PeopleSoft.
Reference ID: 1033
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $108,751.00-$135,938.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
About the Company
Company: City of Richmond –
Company Location: Richmond, BC