Facilities Manager Job at hvac recruitment – München
Details zur Stelle
Vollzeit | Festanstellungvor 11 Stunden
- Actively participate in regular forums / meetings etc. on all Estates & Facilities issues or as required.
- Full responsibility for all aspects of operational and tactical facilities management delivery within your area of responsibility in accordance to contractual obligations.
- Ensure complete adherence to contractual obligations, specifications and requirements, client and company KPIs & SLAs. Ensuring complete adherence to Statutory and Mandatory Legislation compliance in Health & Safety and Environmental legislation and all company, and customers’ policies and procedures.
- To effectively manage within financial and commercial targets, ensuring all margins are controlled and managed within the parameters of agreed budgets.
- P&L accountability for area of responsibility
- To proactively manage WIP & debt implementing processes to control, audit and govern all contributing factors ensuring conformance to contract, sector and company objectives.
- To continuously develop and improve the quality of the services provided, in accordance to company and client objectives.
- To provide inspirational role-model management and leadership at all levels, acting by example.
- To effectively organise and manage staff payroll and systems.
- To recruit, induct, train, develop and motivate your team, creating internal succession and business continuity plans.
- To manage all aspects of people management, including conflict, grievance and disciplinary in-line with company process and policy.
- To produce business management information reports as determined for customers’ and company.
- To Leverage diversity and inclusion and inspire others to do the same.
- To be up to date with industry innovations appropriate to the contracts managed and future growth.
- Taking direct responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself, your team and others who may be affected by company work activities.
- To continuously build organisational capacity for now and the future, ensuring the company remains fit-for-purpose, competitive and well placed in the market.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality
- Ensure strict adherence to all processes and procedures; not limited to but including; Company Documentation, Work Instructions, ISO Processes, COSHH Assessments, Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Ensure that all aspects of Health and Safety are covered and the correct documentation is held, as well as ensure the site meets statutory compliance regulations
- The safe elimination of waste in all it’s forms.
- Ensure that C*hanging Attitude Towards S*afety is complied with and target reporting is achieved.
- Completion of regular Audits relating to all areas of responsibility.
- Creates a safety culture that looks for continuous improvement.
- Completes all business reporting in a timely manner
- Ensures good recording keeping
Customer Relationship / Stake Holder Management – Wins with Customers
- Drives customer / stake holder satisfaction by managing expectations and delivering to contract.
- Spends time with clients’ and customers’ building reliable, trusted and credible relationships.
- Ensures internal and external quality standards are met and exceeded.
- Creates an industry leading experience throughout the customers relationship lifecycle.
- Acts as a trusted advisor.
- Exceeds customer expectations through the consistent delivery of quality services, products and systems.
- Uses insights to anticipate future needs and collaborates with customers to develop innovative solutions.
- Builds industry leading quality to create value for both customers’ and company.
Commercial and Financial Management Control
- A full and in depth knowledge of the customers’ NEC3 contract
- Implement control and management mechanisms to ensure trading performance remains in-line with the contracts commercial and financial targets and budgets.
- Ensure working practices are monitored and reviewed regularly leveraging the most productive, ergonomic and efficient practices and methods.
- Implement strategy to ensure scope and contract creep is managed and eradicated.
- Implement governance and review strategies to ensure contract terms and conditions remain in-line with contractual obligations, and actively monitor and control EWN and CE’s for area of responsibility.
- Pro-actively manage WIP and debt working closely with financial and commercial teams.
People Management and Leadership
- Provide inspirational role-model leadership
- Demonstrated Integrity
- Interacting with others in an open, honest, respectful and fair manner
- Upholding clear, ethical standards expected in the company
- Recognises and reinforces ethical behaviour in others, promoting integrity
- Attracts, Develops, and Engages Employees
- Creates a working environment that attracts employees
- Clearly communicates expectations about results and behaviours
- Provides timely feedback regarding objectives and development
- Provides a range of resources to support ongoing development of employees
- Communicates a compelling vision for the future of the company that motivates employees
- Implements programmes and processes that increase overall employee development, engagement and retention.
- Communicates clear expectations, responsibilities and measurements
- Engages with employees to identify solution
- Uses candid feedback to drive behaviours to start, stop or continue them
- Enables and supports others to make decisions and take responsible risks
- Hold others accountable for contributing and achieving results
- Evokes consequential management as and when required in accordance to company policy and procedure
- Supports employees’ decisions in the face of uncertainty
- Creates a culture of accountability in which people take ownership for results
- Builds a culture that increases delegation and responsibility at all levels
- Encourages empowerment in a controlled environment
- Review and update teams job descriptions and objectives as and when required
- Demonstrates active listening skills
- Uses a range of communication styles and methods to convey information
- Prepares information in a manner that meets the needs of the audience
- Adapts communication styles in response to varying situations, groups and cultures
- Frames issues to encourage open dialog
- Socialise ideas proactively to generate support
- Encourages and informs others to ensure the desired outcome
- Recognises and engages key influence networks to build sponsorship for change
- Leverages others as lead influences
Performance Management and Development
- Inspire commitment in others to strive for individual, team and organisation excellence
- Undertake monthly structured one2ones, mid-term reviews and annual appraisals with all direct reports.
- Set SMART objectives and monitor progress and achievements regularly
- Pro-actively manage underperformers in accordance to HR process, policy and procedure
- Challenge what works and what does not
- Manage conduct and expected behaviours in accordance to HR, process and procedure
- Demonstrate personal passion for continuous improvement
- Ensure that individuals and team members understand the impact of their contributions
- Embrace change, model optimism, energy and resilience
- Identify and remove obstacles that may interfere with team success
- Inspire discretionary effort and commitment
- Establishes benchmarks based on industry excellence and best practice and inspires employees to achieve them
Planning and Organising
- Plans, organises and aligns organisational structure and resource based on current customers needs
- Plans, organisers and ensures required resources, processes and systems are available to meet business needs
- Implements plans to fill critical roles with competent and capable people
- Pro-actively plans and schedules customer engagement meetings.
- Plans, organisers and builds organisational structure and capacity for now and future demands
- Proactive and reactive management, control and governance of 3rd party suppliers and partners.
- Uses structured approaches to identify and close gaps in current and emerging organisation.
- Strategically plan and leverages enterprise-wide talent to build capacity and grow next generation facility managers
- Integrates business and people strategies that sustain exceptional performance and competitive advantage.
- Prioritise reactive with the ability to jump in and out of pro-activeness
- Plan retention at contract mobilisation phase
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with FCO/FCMU staff and client members. Where appropriate; play an active role in the life of FCO.
- Work closely with Client Facilities Manager, and client representatives on Estates & Services matter as appropriate.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience in similar role
- Professional Qualifications
- Membership of appropriate organisation desirable
- MBIFM, IOSH managing safely or NEBOSH cert
- Experience managing Integrated Facilities Management (hard & soft services)
- Strong people management and leaders skills
- Sound understanding of NEC3 contracts
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Operational experience in the Government sector, particularly in contracts within Central Government, or with other large public-sector bodies
- SC or local in-Country equivalent
- German and English verbal skills essential
If this role would be of any interest at all please apply with your online your CV
Reference ID: 5002
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: 60,000.00€ – 90,000.00€ per year
About the Company
Company: hvac recruitment –
Company Location: München