Executive Assistant to the City Manager Job at City of Pacifica – 3.8 Pacifica, CA
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE CITY MANAGER
The City of Pacifica invites you to join our team!
The Executive Assistant to City Manager, performs a variety of confidential and complex administrative responsibilities for the City Manager and Assistant City Manager, including administering assigned programs, supporting City goals and objectives, as assigned. This class is distinguished from other office administrative classes in the nature, scope and diversity of responsibilities that require a broader understanding of City functions and the competence to perform duties that require the exercise of discretion and independence with respect to matters of significance. The incumbent performs a variety of confidential and complex administrative responsibilities in support of the City Manager’s Office and the City Council.
This is the highest administrative support level classification. This class is distinguished from other City administrative support classes by the nature, diversity, sensitivity, and responsibility of duties assigned. Employees have regular contact with government officials, City Council, boards and commissions, representatives from the business and community organizations, the public, and officials from outside agencies. This is a single incumbent unrepresented classification reserved for the City Manager’s Office.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from the City Manager. May exercise direct and indirect supervision of support staff as necessary.
- Perform a wide variety of complex, responsible, and confidential duties for the City Manager’s Office.
- Serve as the first point of contact for the City Manager. Greet/acknowledge customers who contact the City Manager’s Office while assessing the nature and urgency of issues with appropriate responses.
- Respond to sensitive requests for information and assistance including but not limited to Public Records Requests; resolve citizen concerns and complaints.
- Review and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents; research and compile background information; assist in the preparation of presentations, responses to Council questions, Council weekly updates, and other documents.
- Attends weekly meetings to review Council agendas and discuss executive management issues with City Clerk and Department Heads.
- Develop proposed City policies and procedures, interprets laws and regulations in response to inquiries and complaints.
- Coordinates, refers, and/or assumes responsibility for investigating and responding to various inquiries and complaints from citizens and officials; prepares draft letters for signature in response to the inquiries/complaints.
- Respond to inquiries and provide information to employees, City Council, and other government agencies.
- Maintains the City Manager’s calendar, exercising discretion in committing his/her time, keeps the City manager well informed of time commitments, and tactfully referring callers and visitors to other sources of information or services as appropriate.
- Make travel arrangements and prepares travel reports and receipts for the City Manager and Assistant City Manager.
- Maintain appointment schedules and arrange meetings, conferences and civic functions for the City Manager and Assistant City Manager. Organize scheduling rooms, notifying participants, preparing meeting agenda and materials, arrange for food and beverages as appropriate, take action minutes and schedule follow up as needed.
- Initiate and maintain a variety of files and records of information including but not limited to legal claims against the City, litigation files, certificates of insurance, etc.
- Provide general liability claim administration services, including opening and managing the claim files, compiling documentation, issuing claim-related communication and timely coordinating with the City’s claim administrator, claim adjusters, insurance carriers, claimants, and other stakeholders.
- Provide general administrative support including purchasing and procurement, including preparation of bids, approval of annual invoices to ensure they are coded to the correct line-item budget, prepare, and transmit a variety of financial documents, including payroll, purchase orders, expense statements and other fiscal transactions.
- Participate in budget preparation and administration; prepare cost estimates for budget recommendations; submit justifications for budget items; monitor and control expenditures.
- May perform some confidential personnel activities and employee relations tasks, including confidential duties, and provide special project support.
- Research, compile and analyze data and prepares correspondence, reports and other written documents, assists in the design and production of technical information, hand-outs, newsletters and other communication materials.
- Plan and coordinate the City’s involvement in special events and meetings, including but not limited to coordinating resources, information and set-up for promoting the City at the annual Fog Fest, Eco-Fest and Rockaway Tree Lighting events; City Council Goal Setting special meetings; etc. for the City Manager Office.
- Assist the City Manager in the role of Public Information Officer, functioning as a liaison between media and the City Manager’s Office.
- Manage social media content and inquiries for general City government / City Hall / City Manager’s Office. Create, assemble, and publish content for the City Manager’s Office weekly e-newsletter. Manage additional forms of public outreach and messaging as guided by the City’s Communications Plan.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Location: 540 Crespi Drive Pacifica,94044, Pacifica, CA 94044
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $6,800.00 – $8,430.00 per month
About the Company
Company: City of Pacifica – 3.8
Company Location: Pacifica, CA