Director of Information Technology Job at City of Saskatoon – Saskatoon, SK
Director of Information Technology
(Permanent Full time)
Posting No. 1785(292)
The City of Saskatoon is an Employment Equity employer
Team builder, collaborative, strategic and proactive. We’re looking for a
_ Director of Information Technology who is passionate about leading innovation towards a customer-centric service delivery model._
As a trusted advisor to all levels of the organization, you will provide strategic leadership and operational oversight to the Information Technology (IT)
Division by directing and planning the activities of the City’s information management and technology services team.
The Director of Information Technology will manage the activities of the IT team by directing the work of professional and technical staff in all matters relating to the provision of IT services for the corporation. We’re looking for some one who can coach, mentor, support and motivate staff, including providing career planning, education and skills training and performance management
In this role you will oversee the alignment of IT strategies within the corporation, consult with other areas of the corporation to determine IT needs, system and service requirements, You will develop and oversee the implementation of corporate policies, procedures and standards related to information management and technology services. You will also manage the negotiation of corporate IT contracts and agreements.
With significant experience managing an IT team, you will establish priorities for application, hardware and technology projects and ensure that projects are implemented according to the City of Saskatoon Strategic Plan.
We need a Director of Information Technology who can:
- Adapt and provide superior service to internal and external customers with a focus on meeting the needs of internal and external customers.
- Drives continuous improvements to ensure quality service and efficient resource utilization
- Develop innovative and creative solutions to emerging issues and opportunities.
- Adapt and respond to new and changing conditions, priorities, technologies and requirements.
- Navigates organizations thru both formal channels and the informal network efficiently and effectively
- Demonstrate reliability and integrity on a daily basis.
- Appreciates differences in perspectives, cultures and backgrounds
- Express and share information with consistency and clarity to a variety of audiences.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal.
- Get others excited about and committed to furthering the corporation’s objectives
Read the full job description here – https://careers.saskatoon.ca/job-invite/1785/
Join us today. Apply at Saskatoon.ca/careers.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $146,576.88-$172,227.36 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saskatoon, SK: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Information Technology: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
About the Company
Company: City of Saskatoon –
Company Location: Saskatoon, SK