Community Sport Officer Job at Department of Territory Families, Housing and Communities – Katherine NT
Agency Department of Territory Families, Housing Work unit Regional Services and Communities
Job title Community Sport Officer Designation Administrative Officer 6
Job type Full time Duration Ongoing
Salary $92,620 – $103,538 Location Katherine
Position number 3664 RTF 242677 Closing 11/07/2022
Contact Sasha Dennis on 08 8982 2369 or [email protected]
About the agency https://tfhc.nt.gov.au/
Apply online https://jobs.nt.gov.au/Home/JobDetails?rtfId=242677
Applications must be limited to a one-page summary sheet and detailed resume
Information for applicants – Inclusion and diversity and Special measures
The NTPS values diversity and aims for a workforce that represents the community. The NTPS encourages people from all diversity
groups to apply for vacancies and accommodates people with disability by making reasonable workplace adjustments. If you require an
adjustment for the recruitment process or job, please discuss this with the contact officer. For more information about applying for this
position and the merit process, go to the OCPE website.
Under the agency’s Special Measures Recruitment Plan eligible Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Aboriginal) applicants will be granted
priority consideration for this vacancy. For more information on Special Measures, go to the OCPE website.
Work collaboratively with an extensive network of organisations including local and regional councils to support year-round participation
in regular, structured and organised sport and active recreation programs, and support the coordination of community driven activities
and events to deliver key programs that improve participation opportunities for all Territorians .
Key duties and responsibilities
1. Coordinate and liaise with relevant stakeholders and provide guidance and support to community representatives to enable and
facilitate the development and implementation of strategies and programs to increase sport and active recreation opportunities and
2. In collaboration with the sector, local and regional councils and cross-government, develop and deliver initiatives to assist sport and
active recreation and other community organisations in building capacity for effective governance, sustainable management,
volunteer recruitment and strategic promotion.
3. Initiate partnerships with the sector and key stakeholders, including employment and training organisations, to promote participation,
community cohesion and the achievement of quality social and wellbeing outcomes.
4. Work cross functionally with the Territory Sports Academy and Strategic Partnerships to refer identified athletes, coaches, officials
and other volunteers to specialised development services and support programs to promote the advancement of sport and active
recreation in local and regional communities.
5. Maintain accurate records and statistical data, including when required, providing reports and briefings on program outcomes and
achievements to ensure grant funding and acquittal requirements are met.
6. Work closely with community representatives and other stakeholders to identify opportunities for them to improve or maximise their
community, sport and recreation facilities and infrastructure to enable year-round utilisation.
1. Proven ability to effectively work closely with sporting organisations, local and regional council and community representatives and
other government agencies to facilitate the achievement of outcomes.
2. Very good interpersonal, collaborative, networking and facilitation skills with an appreciation of the range of different cultures and
stakeholders engaged in sport and active recreation in the local / regional area.
3. Very good knowledge and understanding of sport and active recreation planning and the delivery within a community environment.
4. Sound understanding and background working with or applying coach and official development and adult learning techniques.
5. Highly effective verbal, written and listening communications skills and strong client service skills and the demonstrated ability to
provide timely advice and information.
6. Willingness to work within a Flexible Workplace Agreement outside of government business hours to deliver the objective of the
7. Current Working with Children Clearance Notice and Northern Territory Drivers Licence (manual vehicle).
1. Certificate IV in Sport and Recreation (or similar), or the ability and preparedness to obtain this within 18 months of commencing in
About the Company
Company: Department of Territory Families, Housing and Communities –
Company Location: Katherine NT