Administration Officer Job at Department of Territory Families, Housing and Communities – Katherine NT
Agency Department of Territory Families, Work unit Big Rivers Child Protection Office
Housing and Communities
Job title Administration Officer Designation Administrative Officer 3
Job type Full Time Duration Ongoing
Salary $62,773 – $67,746 Location Katherine
Position number 2881 RTF 242879 Closing 12/07/2022
Contact Officer Karen Harley on 08 8973 8600 or [email protected]
About the agency https://tfhc.nt.gov.au/
Apply online https://jobs.nt.gov.au/Home/JobDetails?rtfId=242879
Applications must be limited to a one-page summary sheet and detailed resume
Information for applicants – inclusion and diversity and Special Measures recruitment plans
The NTPS values diversity. The NTPS encourages people from all diversity groups to apply for vacancies and
accommodates people with disability by making reasonable workplace adjustments. If you require an adjustment for the
recruitment process or job, please discuss this with the contact officer. For more information about applying for this
position and the merit process, go to the OCPE website.
Under the agency’s Special Measures recruitment plan eligible Aboriginal applicants will be granted priority consideration
for this vacancy. For more information on Special Measures plans, go to the OCPE website.
To provide a high level of administrative, financial, secretarial and computer support to the Big Rivers Child Protection
Office to facilitate the delivery of quality statutory child protection and out of home care services.
Key duties and responsibilities
1. Provide high level of financial and administrative support
2. Maintain financial records in accordance with Northern Territory Government Financial Records Management
guidelines and procedures.
3. Process and reconcile financial accounts, including corporate credit card payments.
4. Timely management of requests and requisitions for delegate approval.
5. Provide procurement support to all staff and maintain the Requisition and Asset registers.
6. Support administration staff to provide effective and responsive reception functions including front counter
attendance, telephone and facsimile.
7. Assist in the coordination and preparation of travel and accommodation requirements for staff and clients.
8. Maintain office equipment and resources including asset and key/security items registers.
9. Provide training and guidance to staff involved in reception and administration support.
10. Contribute to increasing the knowledge, administration expertise and client focus of administration staff.
11. Assist Manager, Team Leaders and staff in the use of corporate applications.
12. Coordinate pool vehicle usage including key management, weekly inspections and NT Fleet servicing.
13. Provide supportive, educative and administrative supervision to Administration staff.
1. Ability to provide organised and timely administrative support using initiative and flexible options.
2. Demonstrated experience with computer systems, including word processing, spreadsheets, email and other software
such as Travel Request Information Processing System (TRIPS), Integrated Credit Management System (ICMS),
Electronic Invoice Management System (EIMS), myHR, Vehicle Booking System (VBS), Territory Records Manager
(TRM), Northern Territory Electronic Passport (ePASS) and Community Care Information System (CCIS), or similar.
3. Knowledge of financial procedures and the ability to maintain accurate and timely financial payments and records.
4. Ability to effectively communicate in a personable and professional manner with a range of clients, both internal and
5. Ability to handle confidential issues appropriately.
6. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
The recommended applicant will be required to hold a current Working with Children Clearance notice and undergo a
criminal history check (a criminal history will not exclude an applicant from this position unless it is a relevant criminal
About the Company
Company: Department of Territory Families, Housing and Communities –
Company Location: Katherine NT